Charming Common Ground Cold Pitch Template Pack
This template pack is 100% focused on writing personalised templates to prospects with whom you share common interests, experiences, or traits.
These templates are all focused on getting responses from prospects. These templates can be used on cold email, or through LinkedIn direct messaging.
Who Is This For?
- Freelance professionals who need more leads and more amiable clients.
- Agency owners or other b2b suppliers who would like more ways to get prospects to talk to them.
- Anyone who wants to add more weapons to their lead generation arsenal.
The Case For Sending Personalised Cold Pitches
- Personalised cold pitches are more likely to generate a response.
- They show you’re willing to make the extra effort.
- They take advantage of the “Liking” principle of persuasion: People are more likely to do business with people they like. People like people they share things in common with.
- They enable you to do business with people you’re more likely to get a long with.
- If you win them as a client, you have something to talk about with them other than work.
- It enables you to pick and choose the prospects you’d like to work with – putting you more in control.
The pack contains personalised ‘Common Ground’ cold pitch templates, including:
- A disarming template that mentions you both live in the same place – and references specific locations in your town/city that only a local would know.
- A sly, witty little pitch that none-so-subtly mentions you attended the same high school, college or university as the prospect.
- A smirk-inducing opening gambit that references that you have both previously worked at the same company.
- A charming template which, oh so delicately, mentions you share a trait in common with the prospect. (E.g. Sense of humour or passion.)
- A usually-vomit-inducing but in this case perfectly fine anecdote about your wonderful children and the miracle of being a really tired parent – like they are.
- An amusing template that mentions your shared love of a particular sports team.
- A cute, transparent message that isn’t shy about mentioning your shared love of a particular comedian, band, musician or artist.
The pack also contains the following effective templates:
- A ridiculous but kindhearted “Above-And-Beyond” Hyper-Personalised Template: Send this template to prospects you know are inundated with cold pitches from other suppliers. It involves a little bit of graphic design work, but nothing that you can’t get done quickly and cheaply on Fiverr.
- A cunning template to send to prospects that have the same first name as you (easily findable on LinkedIn – especially with the free bonus included in this pack!). This email/message makes light of this commonality – before moving on to your cold pitch.
- A daring cold pitch that references the fact you support a rival sports team to your target prospect.