Access an ever-growing stash of guides, templates, training videos and courses combined with a community of charming success seekers...
Charm Offensive Professional is for you if...
Every response I got to my cold emails has given me such a buzz
I stumbled upon the Charm Offensive methods through a recommendation from someone, and as soon as I did some investigating, I instantly LOVED Jon’s style.
After about 2 seconds of deliberating, I signed up to his Charm Offensive Professional subscription, and have absolutely no regrets about this. He made me realise that CEO’s, and high-up executives, are just people who are human and like to laugh too.
The value he provides in this subscription (especially with the price it is) is unbelievable! Every response I got to my cold emails has given me such a buzz, and made me very, very appreciative!! If you have a business and are looking to reach out to new prospects, Jon’s methods are definitely the right way to go!
Since joining Pro I've launched digital products, changed my business model, and made a lot more money
I've left approximately 2534 testimonials for Charm, but here am I again.
If you're not a member of charm pro, you need to be - fact.
It's like a family, everybody happy to help out with everything including copy, productivity, and even finding football cards from 1984 (true story).
Since joining Charm Offensive Professional, I've got more done in the last 4 months than the year before! Launched digital products, changed my business model, making a lot more money and more importantly I'm a happier person.
The support from Jon, Gary, and all other the charm pro members is invaluable and no matter where you are in your business journey, their smarts are ridiculously useful.
Charm pro is really as good as we all say it is
Your word of mouth referrals will eventually run out and when they do you'll be pressured to buy ads or go live everyday for the next 99 days in a row.
Or you can believe that there is no one better to directly sell your offer than you.
That's why you should join Charm Pro because it's true.
You are the best person for the job, and with Jon's stuff your potential clients will be happy you sold them.
Charm pro is really great and as good as we all say it is.
What are you waiting for?
Access every training and template I've ever created, all future materials, plus the support of the community to achieve your business goals.
Subscribe now to lock in current pricing forever. Cancel any time.
So what's already in the Charm Offensive Professional vault?
Access to download well over 250 templates in all 16 of my packs (and counting), including sequences for cold pitching and closing deals, following up old leads, securing job interviews, and tons more.
Total Value: £12,495
Courses & Trainings
Access all videos, swipe files, and templates for all 10 of my full courses, including the original unorthodox lead generation & marketing course Always Be Winning.
Total Value: £7,711
Ebooks & Swipe Files
Download all 7 of my full ebooks to learn about how I write and construct my email templates, the tribe-building lessons I've learned, as well as the best bits from the Charm Offensive facebook group.
Total Value: £624
The subscription comes complete with a private Professional Charmers Facebook Group where you can interact with other ambitious charmers and suggest new content to be created.
Let's have a look at the template packs...
Copy My Copy
A variety of my most effective charming copy templates - and the crafty tactics, formulas, devices, and little nuances that make them so successful.
Imagine being able to write your own stand out, disarming copy that enables you to open opportunities for yourself whenever you want - and achieve whatever your heart (or bank account) desires.
Well, there's no need to merely daydream. I'm giving you the exact copy templates to be able to do all of these things - and more.
You'll not only get the templates, you'll get a line-by-line breakdown of every tactic, device, formula, and nuance contained in my unorthodox, impressive, persuasive, disarming, effective copy templates.
The templates with line-by-line analyses:
- A fawning, gushing cold pitch to send to your absolute dream clients that they will struggle to ignore.
- The original drunk cold email that generated gushing, positive responses from senior decision makers at some of the world's largest brands - including Symantec, Hewlett Packard, and many more.
- The variation of the drunk cold email that led to the editor of Venturebeat covering our client, Symantec. (And later, aided us getting coverage in places like Time Magazine, The Guardian, The Independent, and many other gigantic publications.)
- The outreach email that generated positive responses from authoritative podcasts - helping me grow the Charm Offensive Facebook Group and email list when I was just getting started building an audience.
- A playful follow-up sequence (containing 7 emails) comparing the average costs of your service to a range of ridiculous products and services.
- A cold pitch offering a brainstorm for $1. This diabolically attention-grabbing cold pitch will get attention - and responses.
- A cold pitch for when you dial down the absurdity a little. A more succinct, less silly email (but still charming) to send to prospects.
- An unorthodox LinkedIn connection invitation that your prospects will read and pique their curiosity enough that they will take a look at your profile (and accept your request).
- A disarming follow-up LinkedIn direct message template for sending to your new connections that makes your prospects smile and reply positively.
- A charming cold pitch for digital marketing professionals that uses a curiosity-engendering blurred image in an amusing way and generates positive responses.
- A tongue-in-cheek cold pitch sequence that offers your prospects an audit or brainstorm session with you for the low, low price of $FREE to coincide with Black Friday weekend (Or any other well-known sales event.)
- A bold cold opening gambit that states the top 5 reasons your target prospect should work with you. This pitch can be personalised (and thus made more effective) if a prospect has divulged sufficient information available on their social media profiles.
- A refreshing and irreverent email to book as many informal job interview meetings with companies as you wish - even if you've never worked in their sector before.
- An amusing, self-aware email to send prospects who haven't responded after you sent a proposal.
- A sweet succinct email to start fresh commercial conversations with your old clients that you enjoyed working with.
- A highly effective email for chasing invoices and getting them paid, pronto! Use this email for when a client STILL hasn’t paid your invoice. There are two versions of this email. One for smaller businesses with no accounts department and one for larger businesses with enormous impenetrable accounts departments.
- A highly amusing, and effective cart abandonment email that makes prospects smile - and then buy your stuff!
- A charm-soaked Facebook ad I wrote for a local rock bar that got a ton of engagement. (BONUS: I’ll also explain the interest targeting strategy that I used was integral to the ads success.)
Charming Smooth Operations Template Pack
A gargantuan offering bursting at the seams with a plethora of templates, perfect for B2B professionals, agency owners, and freelancers
Running your own business takes a lot of work - and the donning of multiple hats. Sure, your much-deliberated title is Managing Director, CEO, or Interim Head of Stationery but what does that look like day to day? You have to open leads, close deals, manage existing client relationships, foster a positive working environment with your team, and a whole lot more. These templates will help.
The Smooth Operations Template Pack also features a simple, yet comprehensive template in Google Slides format that allows you to put together a quick audit in 10 minutes. These audits are excellent bait to convince prospects to agree to a phone call.
The pack includes filled-out, example audit templates for:
- Digital Marketing
- Google AdWords
- Facebook/Instagram Ads
- Social Media
- Content Marketing
- PR Coverage
- Building rapport with a nervous prospect. Show your future client you understand their position while making the most persuasive case imaginable. Provide peace of mind and showcase expertise in one swift template.
- Entertaining prospects who are currently reviewing your proposal. Use this friendly e-nudge to demonstrate your overwhelming, infectious enthusiasm - without appearing annoying or try-hard.
- Getting in touch with a former colleague, enquiring as to their wellbeing while also conveniently informing them of your recent freelancer status.
- Contacting a former colleague with the exciting news of your new agency / saas platform / other business’ inception.
- Surreptitiously reappearing in the inboxes of ex-clients, reminding them of your unbridled skill sets, fondness of food and shelter, and availability for any potential projects they may have.
- Earning the attention of more tepid prospects after a previously white-hot exchange may have fizzled out - complete with a cheeky reminder of your ability to make their projects pop.
- Convincing ex-clients to refer you to their most agreeable - and most monied - acquaintances, accomplices, companions and confidantes.
- Helpfully clarifying and cross-selling other services and products your clients may need, but be unaware of.
- Transforming the disappointment of a rejected proposal into an opportunity by asking your prospect for constructive feedback.
- Updating and delivering a meticulously amended proposal in line with a prospect’s comments.
- Responding to potentially problematic probes from prospects in the vein of, “What can we do for X% less?” ensuring you don’t offer to do more work for the same money.
- Stopping overenthusiastic prospects from appending additional arbitrary assignments to a proposal - without increasing your fees.
- Relighting the fire with slow-burn prospects - gently jogging their memory without being pesky, irritating, or giving them the hard sell.
- Obtaining a hard-won response from a prospect you’ve previously unsuccessfully pitched for work. Persistence without the pressure!
- Pivoting your prospect’s perspectives and priorities from price being their single paunchy pain point. Convince them you’re worth their hard earned cash.
- Making a genuine, highly-persuasive case for you and your team being the prospect’s best choice for the work they need to get done.
- Alleviating niggling concerns from a prospect who’s sold on your services but worries about engaging with freelancers or smaller agencies.
Client & Team Management Templates:
- Introducing a new team member to your team or your client, without treading on anyone’s proverbial toes.
- Informing your client of a team member’s departure, with tact and courtesy.
- Delivering a weekly or monthly report to a client without spending hours on unnecessary waffle.
- Following up a phone call or conference with any key notes, minutes, and next steps.
- Checking in to demonstrate your latest accomplishments for your client. Using proactivity to eliminate any need for chasing or micromanagement. ;)
- Pushing any scheduled calls or conferences back due to illness or other personal, difficult or private issues.
- Organising a catch-up call after a customer’s trial period is over to secure that all-important lifetime value.
- Introducing new specialist freelance team members (for example, a graphic designer) to your client without appearing uneasy or inviting a million follow up questions.
- Introducing yourself to - and ingratiating yourself with - a previously unknown contact on a client’s team you need something from.
- Introducing yourself to a contact more senior than your primary contact - for example, the Head of Marketing over the Marketing Manager - while avoiding any faux pas.
- Building a rapport with a brand new client a few weeks into your engagement - creating genuine trust, and using their experience of your working arrangement thus far to improve things further.
- Politely, but pointedly asking for clarification regarding something said on a recent phone call.
- Charmingly reminding a client of an upcoming key deadline of theirs that is important to the project’s completion. Never sit waiting for a client to send images for a Facebook Ad campaign ever again!
- Asking for a favour from one or more of your team members.
- Apologising for being unfair to one of your team members, or mishandling a situation.
- Thanking a potential team member for their time and participation in an interview.
- Introducing yourself with pizzazz and gusto to a contact at another agency with whom you share a client.
- Sincerely apologising for a mistake you or a team member made on a project - and bolstering your professional relationship in the process.
- Asking a new client for an honest opinion on their service thus far, without appearing needy or intense.
- Skilfully persuading even the laxest, most forgetful of clients to get those overdue invoices paid - without the need for small talk or needless justification!
- Introducing a professional or supplier you’ve recommended to a client and making the best impression possible.
- Enticing new clients into paying invoices upfront by offering a cool 5% discount on every invoice.
- Thanking a team member or supplier sincerely and professionally for their exceptional work - in the short or long term.
- Informing your team of an exciting new client win, along with key contacts, basic scopes of work, adulation, wealth, celebratory whiskey, and any other pertinent details.
- Introducing your all-star team members to a newly won client in a metered fashion that emphasises their abilities without being overwhelming.
- Assuring a client or prospect you’ve received their question - and will reply with an answer post haste (read: when a suitable answer has been extracted).
- Introducing partner marketing into the mix! Considering two complementary clients who may be able to work together, then solving a problem they didn’t know they had by introducing them.
- Thanking enthusiastic potential employees for their interest, and following up with an online interview invitation.
The Pivot Pack
A selection of templates to empower you to help businesses transitioning to digital
The world is increasingly working from home - now, more than ever. Many businesses will need help with this transition - and that's where you come in. This pack will give you the tools to help.
- Email templates to send to their existing customers.
- Email templates to send to their email list.
- Social media post templates promoting new virtual offerings.
- Social media story templates promoting new virtual offerings.
- Cold pitch templates for booking sales calls with businesses who will need assistance making the transition to digital.
The All-In-One B2B Template Pack
40 charming templates to cover many business needs
An assortment of templates for getting responses for a variety of ‘asks’ one has to make in business. This includes everything from pitching for new business, inviting yourself onto podcasts, re-engaging old contacts, getting your invoices paid, and a whole lot more.
- Booking sales calls & meetings with even the busiest, most senior contacts.
- Inviting yourself onto podcasts that your audience listens to.
- Reconnecting with old clients to try and get repeat business.
- Getting the attention of influencers to promote you or your clients’ products, or just to make yourself known.
- Following up with a prospect who hasn’t replied to your proposal, without seeming ‘pushy’ or desperate.
- Sending direct messages on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram that stand out and get responded to.
- Following up with prospects you’ve met at events, seminars, or meet-ups.
- Booking as many job interviews as you need.
- Contacting journalists for link building, PR, or content marketing purposes.
- Inviting prospects to your events, seminars, and meet-ups.
- Breaking the ice with potential partners with the aim of developing mutually beneficial relationships, e.g. You may run a digital marketing agency and wish to partner with a design agency so you can refer clients to each other.
- Arranging interviews with sought-after experts in your industry.
- Booking yourself speaking engagements at key events.
- Retaining more clients with a monthly “How are we doing?” email.
- Sending that final ‘break up’ email of your sequence that charms even the busiest, most reluctant prospect into replying.
Dealing with the response “What will it cost?” when you need far more information to be able to put a quote together.
- Getting your foot in the door in new niches where you have no experience or case studies to support you.
- The Invoice Chasing Email – Use this email for when a client STILL hasn’t paid your invoice. There are two versions of this email. One for smaller businesses with no accounts department and one for larger businesses with enormous impenetrable accounts departments.
- The Cross-Sell Email – For charming your clients into pursuing other services you offer.
- The Upsell Email – Persuading your clients to spend more money with you by buying more time or offering a higher level of service.
- The Retainer Email – For convincing clients they’d be better off on retainer, rather than working on a project by project basis.
- The “Crazy Idea” Email – For asking your clients to consider a ‘crazy’ idea you have that would help them achieve their goals.
- The “Change of Strategy” Email – For when a campaign hasn’t gone as well as you’d expect. You did everything you needed to, but the results aren’t as you’d like. Use this email to inform your client and suggest a new direction.
- The “I Messed Up” Email – Not every campaign can go well. Sometimes, we are at fault. Use this email to proactively own up and suggest ways to improve the situation.
- The Webinar Invite Email – A humorous, ‘non-hype’ email that convinces the recipient to register for your webinar.
- The “Thank You For Being Awesome” Email – Use this email to reward your best employees, freelancers and suppliers for when they’ve gone above and beyond what’s expected.
- The Two Touch Combo – A template for an unusual direct mail piece and a follow-up email. This method is extremely effective for getting the attention of busy prospects who are inundated with emails.
- The LinkedIn Invite / Follow-Up Message Combo – A template to use for sending entertaining LinkedIn connection requests that follow-up disarming direct message.
Charming Christmas Template Pack
14 Christmas and New Year themed templates
This pack contains a variety of charming templates to use during the holiday period, cheekily taking advantage of the feeling of Christmas cheer to get the attention of old clients, send festive cold pitches, build your referral business, and more.
- An irresistibly charming cold email infused with my unique brand of Charming Christmas cheer.
- A disarming cold email to send in the New Year to hook people in when they’re in the mood for trying new things… Including speaking to new suppliers.
- Several charming (and Christmas themed) email copy templates to sell your wares to your email list over the holiday period.
- An irreverant but persuasive Boxing Day Sale pitch email.
- A hilarious “New Year - New Me’ cold email pitch.
- A cheeky “Merry Christmas… Remember me?” email for getting the attention of old clients. This may or may not include pictures of animals in cute Santa/Christmas attire…
- A “Pleeeease pay my invoice before you finish work for Christmas. Christmas is scary expensive." I need the money” email.
- A “Let’s meet for Christmas drinks” email to send to clients and prospects.
- An email to get rid of clients you have less 'chemistry' with to send out in the new year.
- An "In the spirit of Christmas, can you tell your successful business owning friends about me" email to send to your current clients to build referral business for the new year.
- An email to send your list just after Christmas but before new year to generate sales.
Charming Cold Open Template Pack
29 templates PLUS three bonuses
Charming cold open templates for a wide range of scenarios to grow your business in creative ways. Also included are bonus ebooks and swipe files focusing on LinkedIn prospecting, Instagram for B2B sales, and direct mail inspiration.
- When you dial down the absurdity a little; I’ve included a more succinct, less silly (but still charming) email to send prospects.
- A ridiculously honest cold pitch for when you have loads of knowledge - but no experience. Solving the old ‘experience’ dilemma, while making playful fun of it for your own persuasive benefit.
- Moving from working in the corporate world to becoming a freelance consultant. This cold pitch helps you get responses from old colleagues, suppliers, and clients.
- Offering a brainstorm or audit for the deliberately attention-demanding price of just $1. This diabolically cheeky cold pitch will get attention - and responses.
- Sending to prospects who’ve been in the news, for good or ill.
- Messaging prospects who have posted something interesting recently on LinkedIn.
- Targeting prospects on Instagram through email or DM.
- Book introductory meetings with local prospects at a bar of your choosing.
- Getting your little toe in the door with a curious cold pitch that introduces yourself without a blatant pitch in the first message.
- A fawning, gushing email to send to your absolute dream clients that they will struggle to ignore.
- Getting the attention of prospects in a niche where you have vast experience.
- Generating responses from local businesses by messaging their Facebook Page.
- Getting work when you’re just starting out. This cold pitch offers simple, easy to create audits or consultancy documents for free (*gulp*) when starting out, so you can build up some social proof (to help you sell stuff for money!)
- Offering your services in exchange for a product, a ticket to an event, or anything else you have your eye on.
- Responding to a LinkedIn post a prospect has made with a comment, and then a follow-up direct message.
- Introducing yourself to blue-collar businesses (who are often more suspicious of professional marketing / sales / advertising types) that builds rapport and trust.
- Getting in touch with individual client contacts who've left their position at your client’s company to work elsewhere.
- A WAY OVER THE TOP cold messaging sequence to send to prospects entitled “THE TOP 5 REASONS YOU SHOULD WORK WITH ME” - This can be personalised if your prospect has sufficient information on their public social media profiles.
- A daring, stark, and hilariously desperate cold pitch that most people won’t send but that just might work.
- A comical cold pitch containing hilarious copy, and a blatantly photoshopped picture of you and the client.
- A fun message to send to prospects when you’re procrastinating on other more boring work.
- A personalised invitation and follow-up message to send prospects on LinkedIn based on their profile - and their recommendations.
- A sweet message to send companies of which you’re a regular customer / loyal advocate.
- A charm-soaked message to send to gatekeepers, to cajole them into mentioning you to their boss.
- A delightful message to send someone you look up to for mentoring in a way that stands out and gets a response.
- A sweet but confident message for getting the attention of companies with marketing campaigns you personally enjoy.
- An audacious craigslist post offering your services to local businesses in your area.
A provocative job board ad you can post to win copywriting leads.
- A disarming direct message to respond to jobs posted on LinkedIn or Facebook.
- A “buddy-buddy” cold pitch to send to prospects who run Facebook ads or Google AdWords campaigns that really should be improved.
- A new & improved (and more succinct) cold pitch to send to invite yourself onto podcasts.
- A fun social media post in the form of a job advert that’s actually an amusing pitch for your ideal client.
- A ridiculous opening gambit where you go way overboard on the personalisation of your message, mocking the ridiculous amount of information you’ve been able to assemble from your social media sleuthing.
- A yet further amusing opening gambit to send to prospects who have little to no information on their social media platforms.
- A gutsy cold pitch that combines copy and a brief introductory video of yourself.
- An alluring letter to send to entire departments at businesses you’d like to do business with.
Charming Common Ground Template Pack
14 templates PLUS two bonuses
Charming cold pitch templates to send prospects with whom you have things in common - sports teams, hobbies, cities, musical tastes... Also included is a prospect research mini-guide and a 'robotic phrases' cheat sheet for improving your copy.
- A disarming template that mentions you both live in the same place - and references specific locations in your town/city that only a local would know.
- A sly, witty little pitch that none-so-subtly mentions you attended the same high school, college or university as the prospect.
- A smirk-inducing opening gambit that references that you have both previously worked at the same company.
- A charming template which, oh so delicately, mentions you share a trait in common with the prospect. (E.g. Sense of humour or passion.)
- A usually-vomit-inducing but in this case perfectly fine anecdote about your wonderful children and the miracle of being a really tired parent - like they are.
- An amusing template that mentions your shared love of a particular sports team.
- A cute, transparent message that isn't shy about mentioning your shared love of a particular comedian, band, musician or artist.
- A ridiculous but kindhearted "Above-And-Beyond" Hyper-Personalised Template: Send this template to prospects you know are inundated with cold pitches from other suppliers. It involves a little bit of graphic design work, but nothing that you can't get done quickly and cheaply on Fiverr.
- A cunning template to send to prospects that have the same first name as you (easily findable on LinkedIn - especially with the free bonus included in this pack!). This email/message makes light of this commonality - before moving on to your cold pitch.
- A daring cold pitch that references the fact you support a rival sports team to your target prospect.
Charming Follow-Up Sequence Template Pack
9 sequences (63 email templates in total)
Even the most relevant, impressive, hilarious, and persuasive opening gambit might not get a response. The trick is to ask “You didn’t reply to my email I sent 2 days ago. Are you interested?” in a way that doesn’t infuriate even the most patient of people. Enter this pack. Includes nine sequences, each comprising seven emails.
- An amusing sequence that pokes fun at the task at hand: having to send follow-up messages that get the attention of your prospects without infuriating them.
- An entertaining sequence that tries to quench any possibility of an angry response.
- A light-hearted ‘nurturing’ sequence that provides value to the prospect, while being direct about your intentions of getting them on the phone.
- A tongue-in-cheek sequence that provides the prospect with the reason they should respond in each follow-up message.
- An absurd sequence where each subsequent message includes a new “bonus” that the prospect will get if they reply to you.
- A playful sequence comparing the average costs of your service to a range of ridiculous products and services.
- A helpful sequence of 7 different tools, tips, tactics and resources the client can use to help mitigate the problem you want to solve – but never quite solve it.
- A delicious “proof is in the pudding” sequence that presents the prospect with a number of case studies, client testimonials, and other proof your service works without sounding like a braggart.
- A sequence comprised of only the most succinct, charmingly courteous follow-up messages.
Charming Lead Generation Template Pack
17 templates (plus 10 bonus templates!)
This pack contains templates for generating leads for specific types of discipline, including content for both freelancers and agencies. This pack also contains my “5 stages of grief” follow-up sequence, which you can add as a sequence to be sent after any initial cold email template you choose.
This template pack contains sales call generating cold pitch copy templates for freelance professionals including:
Freelance content writers
Freelance PPC consultants
Freelance PR professionals
Freelance lead generation consultants
Freelance coach / consultants
Freelance UX consultants
Freelance CRO consultants
This pack contains sales / meeting generating cold pitch copy templates for the following types of agency:
Social media marketing agencies
Web development agencies
Charming LinkedIn Sales Template Pack
18 templates plus two video trainings
If you would like to generate more leads with LinkedIn, this pack is for you. Contains templates for connection requests, follow up messages, and message templates to send people when they’ve announced they have a new job, it's their birthday, and other occasions. It also contains templates for LinkedIn posts to pitch your business and two bonus videos showing you how to make your LinkedIn bio funnier.
This pack includes effective direct message templates for:
- Sending connection requests that your prospects will read and pique their curiosity enough that they will take a look at your profile (and accept your request).
- A follow up message template for sending to your new connections that makes your prospects smile and reply positively.
- Getting the attention of your dream clients in a way shows you’re eager, but without coming off as a crazy fanboy / fangirl.
- Congratulating your connections on their birthdays and new jobs/positions in a way that delights rather than annoys.
- A template to send prospects for one of the most maligned LinkedIn notifications: “work anniversary” - but done in a way that will make your prospects smirk, smile, laugh out loud and hit the ‘reply’ button.
- Congratulating connections on being featured in the news.
- A cheeky little smirk-inducing message to send prospects who’ve been looking at your profile.
- A ‘thank you’ message to send prospects who have started following you on LinkedIn.
- A cold pitch template for responding to prospects who have posted on LinkedIn that they are looking for suppliers.
- Generating recommendations from your old colleagues, suppliers, and other professional connections to boost the persuasive potential of your LinkedIn profile.
- An outreach template to invite yourself onto podcasts and other media channels.
A simple direct message template just to say “I love your content” to get on the radar of someone influential or that you look up to.
This pack also includes LinkedIn Newsfeed post templates for:
- Pitching services and even getting people to tag colleagues, friends, and mortal enemies who they think would benefit from your services
- Celebrating good news (e.g. PR coverage or a new client win) without coming off as bragging.
- Generating opt-ins to your email list using a lead magnet. This includes a crafty little tip for massively expanding the reach of these posts to maximise the number of successful opt-ins.
Charming SaaS Template Pack
9 templates to help with your SaaS business
A variety of templates for use in SAAS businesses. This includes templates for order confirmations, expired credit cards, asking customers why they didn’t purchase after a free trial and other messages used for communicating with both trial users and paying customers.
- Getting the attention of joint venture partners with a view to selling your complimentary product.
- Start a conversation with existing users to book interviews to get feedback & success stories.
- Email users to ask why they didn’t upgrade.
- Get the attention of journalists and other influencers and get them to write stories about your platform.
- Inform customers that their credit card has been declined, and get new payment details.
- Ask users why they cancelled their account.
- A “your trial is ending please upgrade” email.
- Welcome new customers to your platform and make them smirk, smile, or laugh.
Charming Upwork Cover Letter Template Pack
Cover letter template plus video training
This pack contains an effective cover letter template to accompany your pitches and an explainer video explaining how to amend it to your needs. If you search hard enough on UpWork, you can find decent paying work. This template will help you win more business on this platform.
Inboxing Clever: Scroll Stopping Subject Line Pack
TONS of subject lines, plus three bonuses
A pack of subject line suggestions to increase your email open rates. Includes subject lines for cold pitching and emailing an opted in list, for launches, sales, holidays, promos, pitches, and follow-ups. Also some bonus inspiration on using emojis in your subject lines.
Charming Black Friday & Cyber Monday Template Pack
14 templates PLUS coupon image templates
This template pack contains a range of charming cold pitch templates for taking advantage of this commercial holiday. These can be used on cold email or LinkedIn to generate gushing, positive responses - leading to sales calls and meetings.
- A tongue-in-cheek cold pitch sequence that offers your prospects an audit or brainstorm session with you for the low, low price of $FREE to coincide with Black Friday weekend.
- A sarcastic 3-part l sequence for freelancers and agencies who dislike Black Friday and Cyber Monday – but won’t let their taste get in the way of their professional ambitions.
- A sarcastic 4-part l sequence for freelancers and agencies who dislike Black Friday and Cyber Monday – but won’t let their personal taste get in the way of their professional ambitions.
- A Black Friday version of my original, highly successful, drunk cold pitch. The first touch is direct mail – and a follow-up email is to be sent so it arrives 1 week after the initial letter.
- An amusing Cyber Monday email that uses imagery one might expect from a retailer during the holiday sales extravaganza.
- A witty little Black Friday email to announce a discount, provide a link, and then be on your merry way.
- … And an equally as amusing one to flog your wares on the cheap on Cyber Monday.
- A Black Friday email for proprietors who don’t themselves like Black Friday, but don’t wish for their own beliefs to get in the way of partaking in the commercial holiday.
Charming Autoresponder Sequences Template Pack
17 sequences for a total of 60 templates
When people sign up to your list, you can opt to send them a sequence of emails that introduces you and pitches your products and services. This is known as an ‘autoresponder’ sequence. This pack contains a variety of autoresponder sequences to send prospects who have downloaded your lead magnet, to help convert new subscribers into customers.
- An amusing sequence to generate sales opportunities for freelance marketers, PR professionals, advertising experts, and copywriters.
- A hysterical sequence for marketing and advertising agencies that offers prospects a free brainstorm session with you and your team.
- A rapport-building sequence for agency owners that introduces (with charm, of course) each of your team members in each subsequent email.
- A chortle-worthy sequence for professional services companies (e.g. accountants, lawyers) to generate positive replies and gets prospects to agree to an informal chat.
- An unorthodox ‘portfolio’ sequence to generate positive prospect responses for graphic designers, illustrators, videographers and other creative professionals.
- A fun sequence for copywriters to deploy to generate positive responses from prospects and book in sales calls.
- A “just-the-right-side-of-cheeky” sequence for Google Adwords / Facebook Ad professionals to generate informal chats with prospective clients.
- An irreverent sequence for developers to deploy to start initial conversations with potential clients.
- A persuasive but amusing sequence for conversion rate optimisation specialists to ply their wares and generate positive responses from prospects.
- An unorthodox sequence that pitches an information product, such as an ebook or training course for a discount for a limited time.
- An endearing sequence for freelance content writers to send to new subscribers, offering them their writing and editing services.
- A memorable, attention-demanding sequence for wedding photographers to generate positive replies and sales calls.
A smile-inducing sequence for dentists to send to new subscribers offering a coupon for a free teeth whitening session.
- A light-hearted sequence for fitness professionals to encourage their new subscribers to book an initial informal chat regarding one-to-one personal training.
- A disarming sequence for purveyors of products or services that require a little more sensitivity.
PLUS Extras, Bonuses, and Requested Templates
10 templates and 4 swipe files
These are bespoke copy templates that have been requested by members in the Charm Offensive Professionals Facebook Group (yes, if you sign up, you can request stuff too!)
- Strategy Session Request Template
- Affiliate Partner Recruitment Templates
- Shorter Affiliate Partner Recruitment Template
- Client Conversion Data Request Template
- Niche Client Research Template (To speak to experts in any given niche.)
- Pitch to send competitors of clients to offer them similar work
- Pitch to appear on TV/Radio
"This opportunity to work with Jon will literally change your life. It’s been one of the best investments I have made in my business."
Not only am I constantly learning, I am constantly supported. It will work for you, because you’re a person - and you’re doing business with a person.
Shawna helps her clients close more deals and navigate the whole sales process.
That's over £12k worth of templates!
You can download all of these packs PLUS all my other trainings for a fraction of the cost:
Subscribe now to lock in current pricing forever. Cancel any time.
Need Proof My Templates Work?
Even in difficult, hard-to-sell b2b niches...
PROOF that Jon Buchan's stuff works even in difficult, hard-to-sell b2b niches. One of my agency clients generated 3 appointments in 1 week all from a modified version of his carefully-crafted and closely-guarded* cold email sequence.
*Upon further research however, I understand that depositing funds electronically to Jon's bank account via credit card or paypal will unlock these secrets for you...
Credit where credit is due... I've used some of Jon's templates recently.
On the initial email, very little response. But by Stage 2 of Grief, I had responses from 3 very very big brands. Dare I say, bigger-than-Symantec-big...
Eeeek... No pressure!!!
So when Jon says that these approaches work, he's not kidding... 👍
Start getting these results for yourself now!
Access every template and training I've ever created:
Subscribe now to lock in current pricing forever. Cancel any time.
What About all the Full Courses?
Let's take a look...
Always Be Winning
The Original Unorthodox Lead Generation & Marketing Course
(Value: £1,999 & HUGELY SUCCESSFUL)
Always Be Winning puts you in a position where you are never worried about how you’re gonna find new clients. You’re always going to have opportunities.
You can get in front of any type of business. It doesn’t matter if it’s a local business, an exciting and innovative start up, or even a global brand. You can meet any type of person - even if they’re a journalist at a national publication, an industry expert you look up to, or the CEO of a gigantic corporation.
You will be able to open opportunities for yourself whenever you want... and when you’re able to do that, life gets really exciting.
I never thought I’d give this information away, which I guess is why I sold it instead.
Always Be Winning comes in 4 modules:
- 1Your Pitch To The World: Crafting your story, your pitch and your offering. This course will show you how to succeed without needing websites, social media followings, or email lists! Learn to develop an offering that’s compelling and specific, find out who your ideal clients are, and write the perfect story that endears you to your prospects.
- 2Disarm With Charm: Learn how to find your ideal clients online and get their contact details. Then I’ll show you how to write compelling copy the “Charm Offensive” way - an approach that cuts through the noise and gets your target customers to actually respond and want to talk to you. Finally, I teach how to manage the whole process so you build opportunities for yourself right now - and in the coming weeks, months, and years.
- 3Build Your Influence: That’s the outbound stuff sorted, but you also want leads to come to you. I’ll show you how to build your influence online using the same cold pitching tactics you use to generate leads. Find and invite yourself on podcasts that your clients listen to, find and convince journalists and other influencers to write about you, and build yourself a following around your expertise.
- 4Conversations Into Cash: This set of training videos shows you how to follow up with interested prospects, the questions to ask before a sales call, during a call sales call, and how to create and send a proposal that has the best chance of winning the deal. Learn how to create proposals that stand out, how to open the meeting, and how to follow up afterwards to give yourself the best chance of winning.
I thought I was a pretty good closer and salesperson myself. Then I got the course and I’m going, this changes everything.
Jon covers some really cool stuff… like not sounding like a pesky salesperson who’s reaching out and saying the same exact thing that everyone else is saying. That’s what really caught my attention. That’s his value prop, and that value prop really spoke to me because I’ve been on the receiving end of those emails and they suck. When I’m sitting there writing them sometimes I just go, this is horrible. There has to be a better way. Well guess what. Jon’s got that way.
It’s super tactical, there’s a whole bunch of value. And it’s really great hearing from someone who validates that it’s ok to speak like a human and it’s ok to not sound corporatey. He gives us ways to break away from that, in a very clever way. I wish I came up with it first, to be honest. I’m a bit jealous there.
If you’re thinking about getting Charm Offensive I really recommend that you do. Here’s how I rationalised it: I close one client, it pays for itself. Five times over.
DEE DENG // Co-founder and Head of Growth, Right Hook Digital
Learn to build your tribe and sell your expertise at scale
Want to run your own tribe and sell your expertise at scale? This course takes you from how to decide what your tribe should be about, to growing it organically, to launching your first digital products.
There's nothing wrong with selling your time, but time is finite. At a certain point, the only way to make more money is to charge more for your time. Digital products are infinitely scalable. You can help more people by distilling your expertise down into digital products.
Your expertise can be sold many times over.
This course will show you how you how to add a new revenue stream to your existing business, in these modules:
- 1Launch: Developing the theme/hook, creating your group & email list, creating your first lead magnet, creating your first posts & acquiring your first 100 members.
- 2Engage: Creating content that gets engagement, creating a community ‘feel’ and catering to the needs of your audience while still leading.
- 3Grow: Using growth hacking techniques, posting ethically in other ‘complementary’ groups, putting yourself out there, building relationships with other influencers, and building an engine of social proof.
- 4Sell: Asking your audience what they want, productising your expertise, developing your first products and launching your first course.
Have Your Way With Words
Learn to write copy that captivates and charms
If you’d like to learn how to write more entertaining and captivating copy, Have Your Way With Words is for you. This includes my ‘humour writing’ template pack which includes templates and explainer videos for writing funny articles, emails, Facebook ads, satirical pieces, and social media content.
The course includes the following trainings:
- 1The Fundamentals Of Comedy: SURPRISE!!! This session introduces the key principles of comedy.
- 2Formulas That Produce Funny: This module goes into detail on all of the little clever tricks and nuances you can use in your copy to misdirect the reader and make them laugh out loud like a crazy person.
- 3Spice Up Your Copy: Not every sentence can be funny but every sentence can be an enjoyable read. This module covers rhetorical and stylistic devices for you to use to spice up copy that would have otherwise been relegated to a life of terminal blandness.
- 4Rhetorical Devices: There's a reason we revere great speeches. We look at some of the rhetorical devices they use and how you can apply them to make your copy more profound and rememberable.
- 5Stylistic Tricks: Practice these and before you know it... BANG! You'll be writing sickly sweet sentences that seduce anyone lucky enough to be reading them.
Have Your Way With Words also comes with its own pack of templates with explainer videos, covering:
Converts Like A Charm
My top-selling course on how to use charm and humour to persuade and sell
This awesome new pack goes into great detail. It includes an expansive 95 page ebook and 5 training videos totalling over 3 hours, covering:
...Plus tons more of practical, simple techniques you can use to get your audience laughing and reaching for their wallets.
Facebook Group Blueprint
Learn how to start, grow, and monetise an engaged & profitable Facebook Group
This ebook & accompanying video training includes:
Bonus: High Converting Launch Posts Swipe File
This swipe file contains the 15 highest-converting launch and sales posts from the Charm Offensive group. Very handy for inspiration when you're selling through your group.
THE 90 Day Action Plan
The Facebook Group Blueprint course includes a HUGE 183 page swipe file of some of the most important posts made in the Charm Offensive Facebook Group in its first 90 days, along with explanations to the tactics, aims, and effects of each one.
Also included are simple outline instructions on what you need to do in the first 90 days when you launch YOUR group.
The Offensively Easy Launch Formula
If you'd like to do launches that drain your phone battery, read on...
I always wondered "Will my unorthodox Charm Offensive copywriting style transfer from the world of cold pitches to the world of launches?"
It turns out, it does, but with modifications. When I first started doing this... I got a lot wrong. I used to hate launches. Now I love them:
You know my approach is different.
I'm constantly trying things out and keeping what works. Instead of having to do the same, I've done the hard work for you, saving you time, money, and varying levels of anguish.
The Offensively Easy Launch Formula shows you:
A comprehensive training video showing how all the pieces of the puzzle fit together, so you can easily replicate what I'm doing.
The Organic Opt-in Tactics Training: Learn how I add new leads to my email list organically using social media and growth hacking tactics.
My Simple Facebook Ad Strategy: I run through how I use Facebook ads to generate opt-ins and boost awareness of my launches and flash sales.
How to win a MegaClient
This training goes through the full process we went through to secure Symantec as a client
Symantec is a $4 billion a year company. Their most well-known brand is Norton Antivirus, but they make most of their money from huge B2B contracts with other massive corporations.
We'd won business with some decent companies already, but really we were just starting out - and this contract was game-changing. We'd never seen this much money before! And then we used this system to win more enterprise clients with big budgets.
I remember the day we won them...
Winning Symantec involved a lot more than sending a silly cold email.
That just got the ball rolling. As a small agency, we had to impress. Big clients often prefer to play it safe and hire big agencies, seeing them as less risky. We had to go out of our way to show Symantec that we were the best choice for their social media and content marketing needs.
This training covers:
What Do You Get?
The full eBook which covers in detail every step of the process, and all the tactics you can use to win new clients for yourself.
A video training explaining all the elements of the whole successful pitch process, plus some insight into the psychology and sales hooks used.
The exact email we used to get the initial response, plus a templated version for you to adapt and use to get new clients on the hook.
How to Create a Niche
Create your own weird little sub-niche, just like Charm Offensive
Covered in this training:
The Charming Open for Business Pack
We've built a system that reliably generates cash, even during the Covid-19 crisis. We will explain which platforms we use, how we use them, and how they all work together.
Covered in this training:
That's over £7k worth of courses!
Access every template and training I've ever created at a huge discount:
Subscribe now to lock in current pricing forever. Cancel any time.
PLUS: The Charm Offensive Zine!
Get digital copies of all 6 Charm Offensive Zines.
While you can't purchase these strictly limited edition physical zines anymore, you can find digital versions of each issue in the Charm Offensive Professional Content Area.
Issue 1: How To Win A Multi-Billion Dollar Client
This issue covers how we won our first billion dollar corporation, Symantec, as a client - despite running a small agency that would never usually be in contention for such a deal. Inside, we run through the entire process, step by step. Our in-depth breakdown includes…
- Sales hooks
- The first meeting
- The research stages
- The pitch deck
- The Big Pitch
Plus, there’s a bitesize rundown at the end, highlighting the persuasion science permeating everything we did.
This inaugural issue also features the following superb guest articles:
- Treating Your Customers Like Kings - Even As You Scale
- 5 Lessons From The Darkweb's Own Heisenberg
- Using The Persuasion Sandwich To Persuade And Profit With Minimal Resistance
And a bonus mini article from Jon, entitled "Disrupting The Game."
Issue 2: How To Get PR Coverage
This issue deals with a major cornerstone of many digital disciplines, including SEO, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, and Brand Awareness: garnering that all-important PR coverage. Within its shiny PDFed pages, we reveal our Principles, Processes, and Possibilities for procuring PR coverage for clients.
This issue’s post-prandial points, presented for your perusal...
- Visible and Irrelevant Vs. Invisible and Relevant: Meeting clients in the middle
- Becoming the de facto resource
- How to analyse quality content in any sector
- Jacking the news cycle
- The importance of strong headlines
- The premarketing process
- What could go wrong? And how to put it right
- The Content Marketing Checklist
Issue 3: How To Be Witty
This issue offers you a glimpse behind the curtain, where I reveal some of the literary tricks I use to sound witty and charming. I can’t employ this bodacious British accent when writing - so, I often bridge this gap with the following techniques…
- The Reverse
- Triples, or The Power of 3
- The Flippant Hands Formula
- The Hyperbolic Backpedal
- Words In Their Mouth
- How To Use Funny Word Combinations
- Mixing Formal And Informal Tone
Read the examples. Learn the formulas. Then write your own.
You too can tease a smirk, smile, or belly laugh. What’s more, you can sound as charmingly befuddled as Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, or Idris Elba (delete as appropriate).
Issue 4: The Guest Issue
This issue turns the by-now entirely established zine format on its head, featuring a mere two articles by yours truly.
In my executive days, I witnessed a smorgasbord of shady practices - the likes of which I never wanted to besmirch my own marketing agency. I have since learned that many a tenacious small business owner is still prone to be hoodwinked by these dastardly tactics. To combat this, and save face for the industry’s good guys, I present to you The Top 5 Advertising And Marketing Agency Tactics Businesses Should Look Out For:
- Big Hitters Pitch Then Vanish
- The Insignificant Changes Shield
- The Filibuster
- The Stacked Account Team
- Hyping The Average As Amazing
At the risk of sounding like a feature-length late night infomercial: that’s not all. This jam-packed PDF also features a cavalcade of qualified commentators, with worthwhile guest articles on…
- iPhone Users Get More Sex
- The Definitive Guide On How To Write Good
- Seven Deadly Sins Of Copywriting
- Why LinkedIn Is All You Need For Lead Gen
- Marketing Medical Marijuana
- Use These Proven Story Formulas To Go Viral
Issue 5: How To Build An Adoring Fanbase Using Facebook Groups
On a seasonably overcast, probably drizzly day in March 2017, I triumphantly started the Charm Offensive Facebook Group. My perseverance unwavering, I managed to reach over 3,000 members within 3 months. Plus, I started making the sales I needed to keep the wolves from the door.
In this issue, I show you exactly how I got it done. Take my unreasonably clammy hand as we delve into:
- What Makes For A Successful Facebook Group
- How Do I Decide What My Theme Is
- What Has Made The Charm Offensive Group Successful?
Within this issue’s pink and pale pages, I chronologically critique the following tactics and techniques:
- Content Theming
- Growing Your Group
- Using LinkedIn To Grow Your Audience
- Using Your Personal Facebook Profile
- Getting Their Attention While Having A Little Fun
- How To Know What Products To Build
- How To Build Enough Products To Have A Subscription
Issue 6: Win With Words - The Zine Edition
“Sometimes, you gotta go back to actually move forward,” Matthew McConaughey mused theatrically in a 2014 commercial introducing the Lincoln MKC. I may have never been on True Detective, but I think I know what their marketing slogan team was getting at.
This issue takes us back - way back - to a fresh-faced Jon Buchan of 2012. Somewhere between Queen Liz’s Diamond Jubilee and the London 2012 Olympics; through a haze of Morgan’s Spiced Rum and Diet Coke, I penned the most outrageous engagement email of my professional life. For the first time ever, I examine the drunk cold email that started it all - analysing, line-by-line, a version of one of my original effective charming templates.
We’re leaving no stone unturned with this one, with every minute detail laid bare:
- Getting Your Email Opened
- The Warren Buffett Technique
- Actually Likeable Soft Sell
- A Little Reverse Psychology
- Even Make The Haters Smile
- The Long Game
As if that wasn’t enough, this issue also includes two bonus secret weapons. The first is a template for generating a cohort of casual client meetings. The second is a template for organising a plethora of informal job interviews.
Get all the issues of the zine with your subscription!
Access every template and training I've ever created at a huge discount:
Subscribe now to lock in current pricing forever. Cancel any time.
“It really doesn’t matter what industry you’re in – the content in the professional subscription is highly relevant, and it works!”
I’ve been seeing amazing responses from the emails I’m sending out, and also my facebook posts and ads are getting a lot more engagement. I’m generating a lot of new business.
If anybody’s on the fence about joining Charm Offensive Professional, my advice would be to go for it. It’s money well spent.
Naomi runs horse training and lesson business in Indiana, and uses the content in the Charm Offensive Professional vault for emails, facebook posts, and ads.
Ready to sign up?
- Over £20k worth of templates, courses, videos, and ebooks
- Access to all new materials - BEFORE ANYONE ELSE!
- Access to the Pro Facebook Group - Get questions answered quickly and easily
Cancel any time. Subscribe now to lock in current pricing forever.
£139 / Month
(Pay in GBP / USD / EUR / AUD)
Sign up for a year and save:
get 12 months for the price of 9.
£1,249 / Year
(Pay in GBP / USD / EUR / AUD)
Frequently Asked Questions
"Ever since I met Jon I have seen an enormous amount of success with the cold emails that I send out.
I sometimes see upwards of a 40-50% response rate, and I close a pretty high percentage of those deals."
Aaron is a software consultant. He uses cold email to reach out to potential clients.
JON BUCHAN // Founder, Charm Offensive
A good few years ago, I was desperate for sales after my word of mouth work dried up.
I got hellishly drunk one night and wrote a completely absurd cold email. I was still tipsy the next morning and decided it was still a good idea to send it to pretty senior Marketing Directors at big brands.
To my astonishment, it worked. I got the most amazing complimentary responses and requests for calls/meetings, from senior decision makers at RedBull, Pepsi, Symantec, Hewlett-Packard, HSBC, Barclays and countless other global brands. Symantec and Hewlett Packard became clients.
All because of a crazy cold pitch.
I decided to start teaching others my unorthodox approach to cold pitching. People listened to my weird advice and found that it worked for them, too.
That's what Charm Offensive is all about: getting the attention of busy people.
Copyright 2020 Logical Absurdity Ltd T/A Charm Offensive.