You can sell your expertise at scale, have opportunities and leads come to you, experience less stress, and have more time than ever.
There’s nothing wrong with selling your time, but time is finite. At a certain point, the only way to make more money is to charge more for your time.
Digital products are infinitely scalable. You can help more people by distilling your expertise down into digital products. Your expertise can be sold many times over.
Although the term ‘Influencer’ is much mocked (even by myself, who has created a satirical newspaper called “The Influential”), becoming a leading expert in your field has many advantages.
It’s less stressful, more profitable, and gives you more time to expand your business.
There are many benefits to building a following and selling your expertise at scale.
Let me run through just a few…
I’m frequently tagged in posts whenever someone asks a question about cold email, humour in business and more recently, using Facebook Groups to build a tribe.
Inbound Lead Generation
Leads come to me. These prospects are pre-sold on working with me. I know this is somewhat ironic considering my whole shtick was cold pitching. I’m not complaining though!
Opportunities Come To You
I get invited to be on podcasts and to speak at events. I get asked to be involved with joint ventures and partnerships. None of this would have happened if I hadn’t built a following.
I also get access to new tools and software for free! Your influence has value and other entrepreneurs know this.
Positive PR Coverage
People ask to write stories about me and the “Charm Offensive” approach. This is all free advertising for me, my products and my services.
Get Back Your Time
I won’t lie, all the other benefits are superb. However, having my diary back is probably the best thing of all. This is freedom:
I will be filling up this diary with my own tasks. Instead of loads of meetings and calls and other people setting my agenda, I set my own agenda. This is a huge change. It’s wonderful.
I have far less stress. It doesn’t happen often but If I do have a customer who is unhappy or who has changed their mind or wants a refund for whatever reason (or indeed, no reason at all), I press ‘refund’ and both sides are happy.
My tribe help me out when I need a favour. If I need some engagement on a LinkedIn post, I’ll post a request on my group and to my email list. Boom! My reach gets extended massively. This also means I can launch new things and immediately have an audience for them, which leads us nicely onto…
I now have time to pursue creative pursuits, such as writing my satirical newspaper, The Influential.
I built an entirely new business in 7 months…
Annnnnnnd the benefit you are probably most excited about… the $$$!
Most of my revenue now comes from selling digital products.
It’s awesome to see these payment notifications arrive at all hours 🙂BUY NOW
So, Who Am I?
I’m Jon Buchan and in March 2017, I started my Facebook Group, Charm Offensive.
I’ve been in the world of digital marketing for 18+ years and starting my Facebook group was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in business.
My message resonated and the group went from 0 to 1,000 members in 30 days. 12 months on and we have over 8,300 members and growing. This is almost completely organic growth.
I now have an email list that grows daily, a growing suite of my own digital products, invitations to speak and be on podcasts, joint venture opportunities, and I have more time to work on my business than ever before.
I no longer have to take on private clients. When I do charge for my time, I can charge A LOT more for it.
I figured all this out with trial and error.
I try stuff out.
I keep doing what works.
You don’t have to make any of the mistakes I did.
I will show you all the successful tactics I used. Every move matters. You can only make the right moves.
I am so excited about this…
As with my last course, I love helping people to be in the same position I’m in.
In 6 months I’ve created an entirely new business, and added a new source of leads to my existing one.
My courses contain no filler. They contain 100% actionable information. Step by step, I show you how to succeed.
If you want to become an authority in your niche, and to start making additional revenue from selling your expertise, this course is for you.BUY NOW
The 5 Stages Of Building A Scalable Digital Products Business:
Inspiring Influence takes you through every step of the process:
- Launch – Developing the theme/hook, creating your group & email list, creating your first lead magnet, creating your first posts & acquiring your first 100 members.
- Engage – Creating content that gets engagement, creating a community ‘feel’ and catering to the needs of your audience while still leading.
- Grow – Using growth hacking techniques, posting ethically in other ‘complementary’ groups, putting yourself out there, building relationships with other influencers and building an engine of social proof.
- Sell – Asking your audience what they want, productising your expertise, developing your first products and launching your first course.
- Expand – Expand the theme of your group, using Facebook Ads to speed up growth, leveraging your following to grow, building new products and scaling up with joint ventures.
Who is this for?
- You’re an expert in your field who currently works with clients one to one, either as a consultant, coach or as an agency.
- You currently sell your time and expertise to clients 1-2-1.
- You’re looking to try a different model where you sell your expertise at scale and get paid upfront rather than after 30, 60 or 90 days.
How quickly can you see results?
As with anything, the more effort and time you put in, the quicker you’ll see results.
I started this process at the end of March and sold my first products in April. Digital product sales became my main source of revenue by August.BUY NOW
This course will contain but is not limited to the following material:
In this module, we will work on developing the themes of your tribe, the type of content you will produce, and start thinking about potential products you can develop.
- Develop the theme/hook of your Facebook Group, ensuring it’s unique and compelling.
- Create Your Top 10 “Key Group Posts”.
- Create Your First 30 Posts.
- Decide on your first lead magnets to be created to help build your email list.
- Set up your email marketing platform.
- How to promote your group and get your first 100 members.
- How to write a captivating group description and pinned post.
- Create a 5 email auto-responder sequence for new email list subscribers.
- Create basic opt-in funnels to start adding new email subscribers.
- Write entertaining broadcast emails to your list that educate and entertain!
- Create a ‘community feel’ in your group.
- Create content in your group that gets engagement and sparks interaction.
- How to never run out of content ideas and always have inspiration.
- How to use growth hacking tactics on LinkedIn to boost membership to your group and add new email subscribers.
- How to create a simple Facebook ad campaign that adds your ideal customers to your email list using lookalike audiences and interest targeting.
- How to create content in other Facebook groups to build awareness of your group without being spammy or breaking any rules.
- How to use your personal Facebook profile to add new members to your group and build your email list.
- “Put yourself out there” – How to invite yourself onto relevant podcasts and reach out to other influencers.
- How to set up a ‘quick and easy’ online store using Book Like A Boss.
- How to set up Clickfunnels to create sales funnels for your products.
- How to write sales emails and landing pages that convert without being sleazy.
- Develop Facebook ads that retarget your email list subscribers, leading to more sales.
- Write persuasive copy that sells.
- How to pre-sell your products so you don’t waste time building material nobody wants.
- How to put together a ‘beta launch’ group.
- How to create products at multiple levels of the ‘value ladder’.
- How to expand the theme of your group into new areas.
- How to use Facebook Ads to enter new niches.
- How to scale with joint ventures.