Storytelling for Business & Social Media
If you’re running a business and trying to promote it via social media, you may be wondering “What the hell do I say?”
One answer to this question is: tell stories. Telling stories has a crucial benefit: People read stories. And remember them. And share them.
This crash course will teach you the building blocks of storytelling – and how to apply that to writing content for social media.
You can use storytelling in any channel or medium. It’ll work on Facebook or LinkedIn. In text or video. It’s timeless. And it doesn’t take long to get good enough at it for it to be beneficial.
Get responses like these:
I’ve teamed up with an expert to deliver this pack…
John Ryan is an Education Consultant (and erstwhile copy-editor) whose educational consultancy (ryjolc.com) creates English language and curriculum learning resources for educators and schools globally.
These courses / “curriculum learning resources” (sic) often use popular culture in the real world to show how to teach English. This focuses on narrative language, and fits in with how to use storytelling in the real world.
Together, we will take you through how to write epic stories that work for your business.
Using John’s knowledge of how storytelling works – from the fundamentals, to the psychology, to each essential element – we’ve created a pack that not only reverse engineers how I’ve naturally used storytelling in Charm Offensive, but also proactively teaches you how to build successful stories for your business.
What’s in the pack?
- A detailed run-through of how I have used this technique on social media when telling the story of Charm Offensive, as well as how I continue to do so with new material, products, and services.
- A full-length eBook exploring the elements of storytelling covered above.
- Training videos expanding on the areas mentioned above, to give you even more insight into the storytelling process and how to maximise its effectiveness.
We’ll show you:
- How to write a story.
- Why stories are interesting to people, and your audience.
- The theory and proof of why stories are interesting and effective in showing off your business prowess.
- How to give your story ‘legs’ and keep telling it after it is first told, so as to maintain and build on the connection you form with your audience through it.
- How to tell your story in business.
- The 7 universal plots (almost) all stories are told through, and how to use these to show off your business prowess.
- Twists, turns, and variations on your stories – to further show off your business prowess.
- How to incorporate storytelling into all your social media content, which appeals to your audience, to show off your skills, qualities, and capabilities in business.
- How to write an ‘origin story’ that’s memorable without being braggadocious or pretentious.
- How to structure your story effectively so as to keep the audience’s interest throughout.
- How to form an “interpersonal” relationship with your audience, the basis for them becoming a customer or client – and then maintain it.
- How to add humour to your stories and to make them more enjoyable, memorable, and shareable.
- How to talk up your success stories in an enjoyable way that doesn’t sound self-indulgent.
- How to incorporate pitches into your story copy to generate leads and sales.
- How to maximise engagement on your social media posts. More engagement = more reach. More reach = More interest / traffic / sales.
- How to stand out with social media images that stop people scrolling and get them to start reading your stories.